water is something that we take pretty much taken for granted. But we
little idea just how contaminated our drinking water has become. Our
environment has changed, new pathogens are emerging, drinking water
aging, and governments seem more interested in ensuring business in the
marketplace than in ensuring the health of their citizens.
Acid rain corrodes copper, lead and galvanized pipes. There are also
hundreds of agricultural pollutants, including pesticides, fertilizers,
industrial pollutants including plasticizers, solvents, and
propellants. Acid rain raises the levels of heavy metals,
some of which are poisonous, in drinking water supplies. Polluted
contain higher than average levels of heavy and toxic metals, carbon
volatile organic compounds (VOCs), photochemical oxidants, and many
toxins which pose serious health threats.
Some toxins enter
the human body through air, water, and/or through our skin (when we
swim). There are others which are dissolved in rainwater and are
the fruit and vegetables we eat. Many heavy metals are bioaccumulative
toxic. They can accumulate in the soft tissues of the body, which
It's not just
adults that are affected. A study by the Environmental Working Group,
that unborn babies may be affected the most. Researchers tested the
cord blood of several babies. They found over 270 industrial chemicals
pollutants in each cord. Of the over 270 chemicals, 180 are known to
cancer, 219 are toxic to the brain and nervous system and 210 cause
defects in animals. We are overdosing on harmful chemicals from before
According to the National Assessment of
Tap Water Quality, there are currently over 270 contaminants in our
tap water - 150 of these contaminants have no enforceable safety
limits. Of the
150 unregulated contaminants detected in water supplies, 60 are linked
cancer in humans, 45 to reproductive toxicity, 36 to developmental
18 to immune system damage.
There are dioxins
(by-products of PVC production, industrial bleaching and incineration)
dioxin-like compounds in the food supply. Dioxins and dioxin-like
found throughout the environment, in soil, water, and air. We are
these unintentional environmental contaminants primarily through the
supply, particularly by eating animal fat, in meat, dairy products and
According to the
U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), over 90% of our exposure to
is through food, with major sources including beef, dairy products,
chicken, pork, fish, and eggs. Dioxins are also passed from mother to
developing infant across the placenta and through breastfeeding.
DDT, and other organochlorines are among over 210 chemicals found in
breast milk today.
and related compounds
are highly persistent in the environment and in living organisms. PCB's
remain in human tissue for decades. It is believed that almost all
beings on earth have dioxin-like compounds in their body tissue.
No amount of dioxin
exposure can be considered safe, as very
small amounts have been associated with impaired developmental,
neurological, and immune function. Dioxin is one of the most toxic
known to humankind.
are an unfortunate but very real fact of life today. Many studies that
done on urine and blood samples showed that most people are loaded with
Even DDT, which has not been used in many years, shows up regularly in
testing. We live in a toxic world. That is why it is so critical that
do everything we can to cleanse our body of these killer toxins by
organic food and drinking filtered, purified water as much as possible.
also need a
solution to help rid our body from the cancer-causing toxins we come in
with everyday. That is where a volcanic mineral called zeolite comes
makes zeolite so remarkable is the fact that it is a negatively charged
and also has a unique honeycomb like structure.
Thanks to the honeycomb like structure,
zeolite works at the cellular level to trap heavy metals, harmful
allergens. Because of its negative charge, it acts as a magnet, drawing
to it, capturing them in its cage, and then removing the toxins safely
naturally from our body.
ability to remove dangerous toxins was documented by the Russian
absorb radioactive chemicals and other harmful toxins after the
Chernobyl disaster. In
fact, cookies were made with zeolite powder and given to the children
in eliminating the radioactive chemicals from their bodies.
Zeolite is a
mineral found in nature and it is 100 percent natural, safe, and
has been shown to trap heavy metals (mercury, lead, cadmium, and
safely remove them from our system through the body's waste process.
providing cancer protection, Zeolite can also play a crucial role in
our pH-balancing system. Our pH status is critical because our body
remaining slightly alkaline for our very survival. In its natural
state, our body is slightly alkaline, with a pH between 7.35-7.45.
everything from the foods we eat, to the pollutants we encounter, to
we drink (and cook with and bathe in), produces acidic chemicals. This
overabundance of acidity tips our ideal alkaline state into an acidic
that can create a long list of aliments, including digestive disorders,
muscular strength, reduced cardiovascular capacity, and impaired
excess protons (positively-charged hydrogen ions) in the digestive
zeolite can help to lower our acid reflux. It also improves nutrient
in the digestive tract. Zeolite can also aid in balancing the pH of our
bloodstream, thereby reducing the risk of systemic bacterial infection.
buffering the pH levels, zeolite creates a healthier environment and
body to reduce bacterial loads in the blood.
Research has also shown that zeolite may
have an antiviral effect by preventing viral assembly and
Zeolite can therefore lower the risk of cold and flu infections.
It is important to note that not all Zeolite products are
created equal. Many of the Zeolite mines are contaminated. Also,
Zeolite solutions are not as effective
as detoxifying agents. Research has
shown that liquefied Zeolite loses its cage like structure, therefore
its ability to eliminate heavy metals and toxins. The only Zeolite
product I recommend is powdered Zeolite from
ZEO Health Ltd.